The reason I am torn between these two sides because both seem to have good ideas and bad ones. For example, I agree with the Smokies that turning pretty shouldn't alter who you are. Part of being human and living is to be unique and be able to experience a variety of feelings besides happiness and slight annoyance. Also, as the Smokie named Maddy said, "People don't even know that turning pretty doesn't just change how you look." I believe that it's everyone's right to be informed about what really is going to happen to them, so that they can make the decision of whether they want to turn pretty or not. However, I also agree with the Specials that a land full of happy and pretty people isn't so bad. When Tally's friend Shay was turned pretty, she said that she liked it and wouldn't want to become ugly again and "feel things like jealousy." This makes me think that maybe this operation isn't so bad if it keeps out war, and other things. Both sides make a valid point.
In conclusion, I feel torn between supporting being pretty or staying ugly. I believe that both has its good and bad qualities. How can you choose between a world of peace, happiness and beauty, or being yourself? I hope that I am able to talk to others who read the book about their opinions.
No comments:
Post a Comment